Former Governor's Farm
and One of the Most Incredible
Cattle Conversion Properties in the Southeast
It was an honor to represent this 2,400+ acre showplace property in the pristine Ivy Creek Valley in Southern Alabama, Ivy Creek Farm. This property is located in one of the most pristine and wholesome locations in the southeastern United States. Few realize that a place like this still exists today. The area reminds us of going back to what America was like in the 1950's; reminiscent of the days of Andy Griffith and Cherry Coke. We only wish more places were still like this today.
For the last 20 years, the former Governor of Alabama and his family have been the stewards of Ivy Creek Farm which sits in the middle and southern end of this unique valley where Ivy Creek and Horse Spring Creek meet the Patsaliga River. This incredible property has everything one would expect for entertaining, aesthetics, agriculture, and timber. Ivy Creek Farm has a 30+ acre lake, an eight-acre lake, 4.3 miles on both sides of the Patsaliga river, 1.3 miles of a very unique spring creek and confluence with the river, pastoral rolling fields, hardwoods and timber, and amazing topography. This ranch controls both sides of the river for miles with its own private bridge. The two homes are amazing and look like they are out of the pages of Garden & Gun.
For someone who is looking for an investment grade high quality property in the Southeastern United States in a clean, safe area with great wildlife, water, timber, agriculture, and architecture, this property should be on the short list. We understand this area isn't well known; we didn't know about it either. However, not only is the immediate area beyond belief, but it is also within 30 minutes of the University town of Troy, about an hour to Montgomery, less than two hours to Dothan, Alabama and two hours to Destin, Florida. The value for the dollar is also almost impossible to duplicate and the property was offered turn-key.
Former Alabama Governor's 2,400 Acre Showplace Property – Lakes, Two Houses, River Frontage in an Immaculate Neighborhood
- 2,400 Acres in the pristine Ivy Creek Valley in Crenshaw County, Alabama
- Between Greenville and the University Town of Troy, Alabama
- Former Two (Separate) Term Alabama Governor Fob James' Family Farm for Past 20 Years
- 4.3 miles on both sides of the Patsaliga River with a private bridge
- 5,000 sq. ft. Main House on Lake, Complete with 5+ bedrooms, Beautiful Woodwork, 35 KW Generator
- 3,200 sq. ft. Lodge, Historic to Property, Completely Refurbished and Decorated
- 30-Acre Big Lake & Eight-Acre Small Lake, stocked with Bass, Bream, Catfish & Crappie
- 25-30 Acre duck pond
- Great, Fertile Soils and 60 Acres in pasture/fields
- End-of-the-Road in an Extremely Clean Neighborhood of Larger Landowners with Pride-of-Ownership
- Frontage on Both Sides of Patsaliga River with Large, Private Bridge to Conveniently Access Property
- Apx ˝ Mile of Spring-Fed, Clear-Flowing Horse Creek and Confluence with the Patsaliga River
- Apx 1/3 Property Rolling Farmland (some planted in loblolly), 1/3 Hill Country, and 1/3 Excellent Deer Habitat with Creek/River and Hardwood Bottoms
- Great Historic Barn with Walk-In Cooler and Deer Cleaning Area
- Would Make a Great Cattle Ranch, High Quality Timber Property, or Place to Preserve Wealth
- Neighborhood is Diverse with Large Cattle ranches, Large Farms, and Riverfront High Quality Timberland
- Bountiful Wildlife
- Just two hours to Destin, Florida on the Gulf of Mexico, 55 miles to Montgomery, and 85 miles to Dothan
- Additional acreage may be available
"We have closed over 156,000 acres across the Southeast in just the last five years alone. Yet, we had no idea that a valley as pristine as this existed in Alabama. This property and neighborhood is absolutely beautiful. It's as if one stepped back in time to a cleaner, safer, and more pure lifestyle. For the last twenty years this property has been cared for by the popular two-term former Governor of Alabama and family. It has almost everything one property could possibly have from magazine quality architecture, 38 acres in lakes, 18 miles of river and creek frontage, spring creeks, timber land, cropland, and it's at the end of the road. Additional acreage is available making this one of the most incredible properties in the Southeastern United States. The investment value of this property is phenomenal with it being offered turn-key for only $2,235 per acre, making it one of the best deals going on high quality land today."
Prices, plans, uses, dimensions, boundaries, locations, specifications, material, and availability are subject to change without notice. Illustrations are artistís depictions only and may differ from completed improvements. This is not an offering in the states where prior registration is required.