One of the Last Large Privately Held Tracts
on the 10,000-Acre Lake Talquin
Preliminary Development Work Completed for 40 Units. Has development or Donation for a Conservation Easement potential. Strategic Landholding and a Great Investment!
Major Wildlife, Rolling Topography, Fields,
Beautiful Live Oaks, Mature Hardwood Bottoms,
Creeks, And a Bluff with Beautiful Lake Views
- 441 Acres Gadsden County, FL - Just West of Tallahassee
- 1,300 Feet of Frontage on the Western Shoreline of Lake Talquin
- 3,900 Feet of Frontage on Bear Creek and Rocky Comfort Creek
- Located Only 30 Miles From Downtown Tallahassee and 13 Miles South of Quincy
- Preliminary Residential Site Plans Already Complete
- Rolling Topography, Fields, Mature Hardwood Bottoms, and Beautiful Live Oaks
- Clear Flowing Creeks with Beautiful Hardwood Bottoms
- Beautiful Pastures and Fields Lined with Natural Hardwoods
- Longleaf Pine Restoration Area
- Major Wildlife; Deer, Ducks, and Turkey
- Near 571,000-Acre Apalachicola National Forest - one of the largest
National Forests in the Southeastern United States
- One of the Largest Private Tracts on the Entire 10,000 acre Lake
- Existing FDEP Permit that Delineated the Wetlands Lines that is Good
for Another Five Years
- Strategic Undeveloped Tract and One of the Last on the Lake
- Exceptional Higher and Better Use Potential
- There is Currently No Conservation Easement
- Safe Neighborhood, Great for Families, and A Great Place to Ride Out
a "Social Storm"
- Great Investment
Our Buyer Capitalized on the Unique Opportunity to Own One of the Last Large Undeveloped Tracts on the Entire Lake
Click above to watch our aerial tour!
"This property is so unique that during the "boom" it set the record for the highest sale of recreational land in the history of Gadsden County and one of the highest per acre sales in North Florida at $7,000 per acre. I remember when our firm was asked by the prospective developer to help make this a conservation community because of its location, beauty, and frontage on one of North Florida's best lakes. Then, the property was raw and untouched. Today, the property is significantly improved for wildlife, aesthetics, habitat, and major preliminary development plans have been completed by the current landowner. This extra value can be "harvested" today with a conservation easement for an enormous tax advantage far and away higher than other properties. Or, wait as Tallahassee's undeveloped lot and farmstead market is quickly being absorbed. Either way, I would be very proud to own this strategic and beautiful property. As Florida's real estate cycle ebbs and flows, this property's sales history has proven its upside related to other properties."
The recreational hunting on this property is great. There is outstanding wildlife; deer, ducks, and turkey. The property is located in the fertile, game rich, rolling hills of Gadsden County, Florida. It is a recreational heaven with mature hardwood bottoms, pine-covered hills, food plots, and two flowing creeks. Also, there is great fishing and family recreation on Lake Talquin.
Comfort Creek is a strategic landholding. This is one of the last large, undeveloped tracts and one of the largest private tracts on the entire 10,000 acre lake. There are preliminary plans for a 40 lot development already complete. There is an existing FDEP permit that delineated the wetlands lines that was just renewed and is good for another five years. The property is located only 30 miles from downtown Tallahassee and 13 miles South of Quincy. This is a rare opportunity to own one of the strategic landholdings with frontage on Lake Talquin.
This property is the ideal overall recreational/investment property and is exactly what most people describe as their dream property. It would be next to impossible to duplicate this property; more creeks, rare Lake Talquin frontage, fields, beauty, and wildlife.
Prices, plans, uses, dimensions, boundaries, locations, specifications, material, and availability are subject to change without notice. Illustrations are artistís depictions only and may differ from completed improvements. This is not an offering in the states where prior registration is required.